I am the sole employee and "executive director" for a local history museum.  Today was "decorating day" and half my board dropped in to do the holiday decorating.

I went up to the attic at least six times this morning, to the basement twice, and I won't even mention how many times I had to do the "floor work."  After I carried the still upstairs (it goes up every year because a certain Christmas tree always has to go in that spot), my plain white button down shirt was a mess.

I didn't look particularly "professional" today.  But after having been through this routine a few times I knew the drill for the day.  Skirts were definitely out because I spend alot of time on the ladder, being the one who gets the job of putting the top and accompanying lights on the top of a 10 foot tree.

Notice I said "plain white button down shirt."  Actually, it wasn't mine; it was my husband's.  I didn't tear it and it will bleach nicely so I can wear it for "decorating day" again next year.

My usual attire?  Yes, I do wear jeans on Saturday.  That's when I do the housekeeping and gallery work.  Also attic cleaning when I'm truly inspired and if I think the attic's occupant won't mind the company.  He/She usually doesn't.  <g>  I hate having to think about what to wear.  The military would have suited me just fine, literally.  Once when my mother was visiting she helped with laundry.  She asked why I had three identical black skirts.  I told her that I lost one at a conference in Denver, and that was why I only had three left.  I also have three identical pairs of black slacks.  Black heels (about an inch) I have to be careful with, so as not to get them mixed up--I had three pairs of identical black shoes at one point, but Naturalizers changed the style of the ones I liked best, so I'm back to trying to decide which to go with for my very fashionable closet.

White blouses, shells, some sweaters.  All to dress up or down at a moments notice with scarves, earrings, pins (I have a passion for antique brooches, and guess what!  simplicity shows them off the best!).

Yes, I have a couple nice outfits, too.  But during the work week I hate having to decide what to wear.

Holly
in Virginia