Northern States Conservation Center has finalized the on-line museum classes course schedule for 2006.  The following is a list of the museum studies courses offered through our on-line training site www.museumclasses.org . For more information on a particular course, or to sign up and pay for a course, go to www.collectioncare.org .  Please watch our sites, we may be adding other new courses as the year progresses.

January
MS 104: An Introduction to Collections Preservation
January 9 to February 4, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

MS 103: The Basics of Museum Registration
January 29 to February 25, 2006
Instructor:  Peggy Schaller

MS 205: Disaster Planning I: Introduction to Disaster Preparedness Planning
January 9 to February 4, 2006
Instructor:  Terri Schindel

February
MS 302: Fundraising and Grantwriting
February 6 to March 3, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

MS 205: Disaster Planning II: Writing a Disaster Plan
February 6 to March 17, 2006
Instructor:  Terri Schindel

March
MS 201: Storage for Infinity
March 6 to April 14, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

MS 210: Integrated Pest Management
March 6 to April 14, 2006
Instructor:  Gretchen Anderson

April
MS 213: Museum Artifacts: How they were made and how they deteriorate (NEW)
April 17 to May 19, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

May
MS 202: Museum Storage Facilities and Furniture
May 1 to May 31, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

June
MS 104: An Introduction to Collections Preservation
June 19 to July 14, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

MS 106: Exhibit Fundamentals: Ideas to Installation
June 26 to July 21, 2006
Instructor:  Lin Nelson-Mayson

July
MS 208: Applying Numbers to Collection Objects
July 5 to July 31, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

MS 207: Cataloging Your Collection
July 5 to July 31, 2006
Instructor:  Peggy Schaller

August
MS 204: Materials for Storage and Display
August 7 to September 1, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

MS 205: Disaster Planning I:  Introduction to Disaster Preparedness Planning
August 7 to September 1, 2006
Instructor:  Terri Schindel

MS 212: Care of Textiles (NEW)
August 23 to September 22, 2006
Instructor:  Terri Schindel

MS 302: Fundraising and Grantwriting
August 28 to September 22, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

September
MS 211: Museum Environmental Control Systems  (NEW)
September 11 to October 6, 2006
Instructor:  Rebecca Thatcher Ellis

MS 202: Museum Storage Facilities and Furniture
September 25 to October 20, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

October
MS 210: Integrated Pest Management
October 2 to November 10, 2006
Instructor:  Gretchen Anderson

MS 213: Museum Artifacts: How they were made and how they deteriorate (NEW)
October 16 to November 10, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

November
MS 205: Disaster Planning II: Writing a Disaster Plan
November 6 to December 15, 2006
Instructor:  Terri Schindel

MS 106: Exhibit Fundamentals: Ideas to Installation
November 6 to December 1, 2006
Instructor:  Lin Nelson-Mayson

MS 201: Storage for Infinity
November 6 to December 15, 2006
Instructor:  Helen Alten

December
MS 208: Applying Numbers to Collection Objects
December 4, 2006 to January 12, 2007
Instructor:  Helen Alten

MS212: Collection Management Databases (NEW)
December 4, 2006 to January 12, 2007
Instructor:  Eric Swanson