"rack cards" versus brochures
One of our big promoters is the local Chamber of Commerce/Visitor's Center who put our brochure in packets they mail out to prospective visitors.  They prefer the rack card to a fold out brochure, less space used and weight.  You also should consider a fold out brochure can get overwhelming to visitor to your town who is picking up several dozen brochures at one time.  You want enough info to inform, but not to inhibit.

Karen Barlow, Registrar
Campbell County Rockpile Museum
900 W 2nd St
Gillette, WY  82716
307 682-5723
email: [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/18/2005 2:31 PM >>>

Hello Museum L-ers

Does anyone have any research or anecdotal information on the use of a two-sided rack card (one image, some text, basic visitation information) versus a three-fold/six-panel brochure (lots of content and/or images) for external marketing/promotion of an exhibition?

I'm a big fan of the KISS (keep it simple) principle when it comes to promotion but wanted to check in with the list what your experiences have been.

Thanks!
Julie

Julie Carpenter
Marketing Associate

The Phillips Collection
1600 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009-1090
www.phillipscollection.org
202-387-2151 extension 235

Sean Scully: Wall of Light on view October 22, 2005 through January 8, 2006.