From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julie Carpenter
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 4:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: "rack cards" versus brochures

Hello Museum L-ers

Does anyone have any research or anecdotal information on the use of a two-sided rack card (one image, some text, basic visitation information) versus a three-fold/six-panel brochure (lots of content and/or images) for external marketing/promotion of an exhibition?

I'm a big fan of the KISS (keep it simple) principle when it comes to promotion but wanted to check in with the list what your experiences have been.

Thanks!
Julie

Julie Carpenter
Marketing Associate

The Phillips Collection
1600 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009-1090
www.phillipscollection.org
202-387-2151 extension 235

Sean Scully: Wall of Light on view October 22, 2005 through January 8, 2006.