Dear all, again a question relating to classical Japanese art. I am looking for the dates of a priest / artist who made the famous Fudo Myo-o housed at the Daigo-ji temple. The drawing itself dated to 1282.  The artist in question is Shinkai, related to the Fujiwara clan, who served as Ho-in (the highest Buddhist priestly position). The above info I got from books....all of which fail to mention when he lived.I have checked numerous sites on the internet but can only seem to get the name, not the dates.

Any art historian on Japan out there who can help me?

Thanks, sumit

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: