My organization, a small preservation organization (four full time staff members) has recently just approached this same problem. I have begun to write a technology plan, but need to keep working.

I highly recommend looking at www.techsoup.org. Besides being a clearing house for several computer companies donation of software to nonprofits (Microsoft office for $20!), it also has a wealth of information on creating technology plans, articles about getting funding for technology, and a forum for dicussion. I cannot recommend this site enough.

I would also love to hear what others are doing.

Sheryl Woodruff

Director of Operations (and default IT administrator)

The Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation