This is a very interested topic; please post to all if that is alright,
thanks so much

Valerie Albanese

-----Original Message-----
From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Katie Wadell
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Supervising Interns

Hi Museum-L-ers,

Would anyone be interested in discussing techniques and skills for
supervising interns, either on-line or off-line? How do you train your
interns, plan projects for them, etc?  How do they fit into the life of
your institution?  What do you expect from them, and does that line up
with what they expect from you?

 I'm considering an article on managing interns and internships, and
would love to ask questions and collect real-life examples of effective
management  - and real-life problems or insecurities.  (I know I've been
a lousy intern supervisor at times!)  I recently got into a discussion
on the  problems of supervising and motivating interns,  and was
encouraged to write on the topic by someone else who wanted advice.  I'd
also love to hear from former interns who benefited from good
supervision- what did your supervisors do that was particularly
effective?

Thanks so much,

Katie Wadell
Subscriber Information: