Sometimes, on frequent occasion in my experience, museums reach beyond what can logically be expected of them -- beyond the museum's capacity, really -- to mount the extraordinary exhibition or build a breathtaking building. Terry Pitts and Linda Downs have each done this this fall.  Terry with Grant Wood at 5 Turner Alley at the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art and Linda with the new David Chipperfield Figge Art Museum.

I'm interested in the changes to board and staff and to the muesum's relationship to its community in the wake of these extraordinary events so I've created a program for museum executives to examine these projects and discuss what they have wrought on November 4/5, 2005. We'll discuss financing and fundraising, governance restructuring, education program and echibition planning, and design and construction.  Forum details can be found at www.qm2.org.leaders or call or email me directly.

Mary Case, Founding Director

Qm2: Quality Management to A Higher Power

1243 E Street, SE, Washington DC 20003

202/544-2698, Cell: 202/256-6439

[log in to unmask]  www.qm2.org

Most things remain to be done.  Glorious future!

Ingvar Kamprad, President, Ikea