Sounds great to me Dave - except that some interns may be 'older', but none the less positive and energized! I kinda took note of that because I'm considering an internship at the ripe ole' age of 43!

I'm half joking with you of course, but it does make me wonder if my back can handle anymore physically grueling work if this is required of other interns. My days as a shovel bum and moving collections really did a number on my spine. Hasn't stopped me yet though!

The work I did with supervising and training/educating interns was a positive experience too.  It is great when you find something that works across the board - as it did for interns and volunteers I've worked with. And, when you have a good program, flexibility is not an issue. So varied schedules, work projects and the like are then easy to work with and around.

It is important to identify and acknowledge expectations from both sides. When you have a good internship program, more than not you will find that both you and your intern have exceeded these expectations.

This is what signifies a good internship program -and thus is undeniably positive. From what you write Dave, you have experienced this too. What do you think? If the expectations are just met - is this a so-so thing or does it have to go above and beyond to make it a positive and memorable experience?

Pam