I read an article this weekend pertaining to many sites in and around New Orleans only. I appears at least from the outside that although closed (obviously) in the French quarter received damage but in unknown proportions. The Streetcar from Streetcar Named Desire condition is unknown, the aquarium lost two otters. However it didn’t mention serious damage to anything in this area, yet.

            However, here are two things of interest to us all in its aftermath. Gas has risen dramatically; this will no doubt limit tourism and travel and affect us all. I can’t answer the price elsewhere but here it is $3.49 that’s a dollar increase in a week. This is surely to be a time many museums especially small ones, look back to regional planning, and the sense of maintaining their importance to the local crowd.

            The second thing I wanted to say is this week in Washington the IRS has the floor and wants to tighten deductions on charitable contributions. This will also affect all of us if enforced, and will surely make an already competitive philanthropy giving more stringent.