Following find a message from the Information Systems Forum regarding an effort to coordinate all of the sites that are taking postings regarding missing/found persons. Apologies for the extended post, but in addition to suggesting to Lynne to post directly to this coordinated site, list members might consider volunteering to help with the effort to transfer data already on sites to the central site. It takes some time, but it is something one can actually do to help beyond financial contributions. I viewed it as a gift in allowing me to act rather than just weep. I hope this list will consider participating in this extraordinary effort to reunite and reassure loved ones.

Just a note -- I saw that the servers for the New Orleans Network site were overwhelmed tonight by the work to move the data from the disparate sites onto this central site. The  New Orleans Network site is taking emails to notify those interested in volunteering as to when the servers are back online. Also, the process takes a little learning, especially if you have not participated in a wikki. I hadn't, and it took me about an hour to figure out the process. But, it is do-able and important to do. Please help, and if you can't, pass the information on to others who can. There is a great deal to be done.

Ruth Meyers.

Message: 4
   Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 16:15:48 -0400
   From: Deborah Elizabeth Finn <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Katrina: Gave money already? Give your time right now online.

Dear Colleagues,

I hope that you will heed this call from my esteemed colleague David Geilhufe!  He is the founder of the Social Source Foundation <http://www.socialsourcefoundation.org/>, and well-qualified to tackle the knowledge-management issues raised by the current humanitarian crisis.

Many thanks from Deborah

Deborah Elizabeth Finn
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
http://blog.deborah.elizabeth.finn.com/blog