From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Deb Arenz
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] armadillo basket

I'm hoping someone here can help me.  We have an armadillo basket in our
collection and know absolutely nothing about it, other than information
about the donor's family.  I haven't been able to find any resources on
the web or in our basket-related books about how these pesky critters
became popular as baskets.  I did find a blurb through a google search
stating one was first displayed at the 1902 world's fair, but it was an
uncited website, which makes me nervous.

Any help or leads to further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Deb Arenz

Deborah B. Arenz

Senior Museum Curator

Nebraska State Historical Society

PO Box 82554

Lincoln, NE 68501-2554

402-471-4759

Fax:  402-471-3314

To learn more about the histories we share, visit
www.nebraskahistory.org <http://www.nebraskahistory.org/>

Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
read "help" (without the quotes).