have recently been appointed as Research Officer for Stockport (UK) Metropolitan Borough Council's Heritage Department, based at Staircase House (<http://www.staircasehouse.org.uk/default.asp>). Please could you put me in touch with somebody who might be able to share with me their experiences as to the effectiveness of programmes that US museums have run to generate increased usage of their facilities by financially/socially/educationally/physically disadvantaged groups.
In addition, I am interested in whether in the US, museums are set visitor targets for age/ethnicity etc and how these targets are evaluated, against the population surrounding the facility and the population as a whole.
I appreciate any feedback that you might be able to provide as to the success and failure of different approaches..
Regards

Esther Smyth
Research Officer
Staircase House
30 Market Place
Stockport
SK1 1ES
Tel: 0161 477 6517

are addressed. As a public body, the Council may be required to disclose this email,  or any response to it,  under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, unless the information in it is covered by one of the exemptions in the Act.

If you receive this email in error please notify Stockport e-Services via [log in to unmask] and then permanently remove it from your system.

Thank you.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk