In a message dated 8/26/2005 9:45:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

and now I am going to end it (I hope).

WOW - is this what this list is going to be like? I'm sorry, but I find myself so appalled by this, albeit a brief statement. Why would you want to end, limit or otherwise discourage any museum-related topic for which this list serves as a forum, for discussion on museum topics and issues?

Unless I am missing something, I wasn't aware that you were the moderator? It would seem to me that whether you started the discussion or not, others extracted and/or otherwise expanded or even distracted from a discussion, topic or issue...if it is museum related and important enough to list members....well how about these 3 words..."FREEDOM OF SPEECH".

By re-hashing some of what has already been discussed...how were you planning on ending it? I personally had no reason to continue on the subject but would certainly, if I felt a need to respond to a questions or issue as a result - I sure of heck wouldn't hesitate. Or if I thought of something else to add say, a week from now...not a problem.

I would only encourage fellow list members, by all means feel free to continue the discussion, etc., if you so desire.

Pam

Pamela Silvestri, Museum Assistant
Northeast States Civilian Conservation Corps Museum
Shenipsit State Forest
166 Chestnut Hill Road
Stafford Springs, Connecticut 06076
(860) 684-3430