My museum is looking to share some of our stories and collections with other museums through traveling exhibitions. We have neither the staff nor the budget to create, fabricate, and ship them on our own; therefore, I am interested in partnering with an existing traveling exhibit distributor such as SITES, Exhibits USA, etc. Does anyone on this list have experience working with these organizations as a contributor instead of a renter? What pitfalls/challenges should I be aware of? Would you consider your collaboration a success? What benefits did your museum receive from this partnership?

I appreciate any and all advice.

Sincerely,

George Garner
Director of Exhibitions
Center for History
808 West Washington, South Bend, IN 46601
www.centerforhistory.org // (574) 235-9664

--------
Celebrate Founders Month in August at the Center for History with a visit to the exhibitions, From Southold to South Bend and New Order on the Land.