Hello, Fellow Listers -

We are working with our local police department to help them develop a
collecting plan and to catalogue, store and eventually exhibit their
historical collection which comprises photographs, awards, documents,
uniforms, insignia of all sorts, and, at this point, heaven only knows
what else. If anyone has examples of collecting plans that could be
tailored to such an organizational collection, or, if any of you work
with a police collection, I would really appreciate your sharing your
mission statements and collecting plans. We are not looking for a
collections policy - we can help them with that - but rather a plan to
guide them in what to keep and what not to keep; what to collect and
what not to collect. You may send them to me personally.

Many thanks,

Anne

Anne T. Lane, Collections Manager
Charlotte Museum of History
3500 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte NC 28215
704-568-1774, ext 110

Summer Featured Events and Exhibits:

Summer Heritage Craft Series: Spinning, June 25, 9:00 a.m. - Noon

Summer Heritage Craft Series: Beginning Basket Weaving, July 23, 9:00
a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Kids Fun Night @ the Museum, July 26, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.

Summer Heritage Craft Series: Inkle Loom, August 13, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00
p.m.

Vecinos/Neighbors on exhibit until August 2005

Kites to Kittyhawk, on exhibit until September 2005

Solving the Rock House Mysteries, now on exhibit

For information on these and all other events, please call

(704) 568-1774 or visit us online at www.charlottemuseum.org
<http://www.charlottemuseum.org/>