I'm not sure who the Xers are, but here's some insight with, perhaps,
many of the wrong messages.

When I was Deputy Director of a Science/Natural History Museum, my
nephew was at a nearby College.
I DID as the education person to ask the summer camp co-ord. to
interview this kid from Clark (I did not say he was a relation.)

He was smart. He got the job. He worked hard and did well. He
returned for the next 3 summers.
At graduation he didn't know what to do so he applied for a job in a
nearby VERY SMALL Clock museum. (Annual salary was in the TEENS and
this was maybe 10 years ago!)

He was smart AND creative. He got the job. He worked hard and did well.

So, a MAJOR clock museum picked him up as a program/exhibit director.
He was in a state of panic! Called and emailed all the time...how dod
I do this, how do I manage that.

He managed... and the Southby's called. They asked that he join as
one of their expert watch and clock  team.
He was aghast... "I 'm only 22!!"
They said, we know how old you are.

He is still smart and still creative... and still. NOT a brat, even
tho he flys around in private jets selected pieces for people who
have far too much $$$$$.
He seems ok, but I am FAR more worried about him now than when he was
struggling.

The take home: Be smart and creative. DO the job with absolute foucs
and energy NO MATTER what the position. IF you HAVE a connection. Use
it to get a foot in.

Be careful when you get what you wish for,

Lois

Lois Brynes, Principal
     DeepTime Associates
     P.O. Box 58