All,

Does anyone know where I can find some data on the rates at which UV filters over fluorescent lights decay?  Some independent testing (not done by the manufacturer) would be best.  We are creating some new exhibits and there is discussion of using fluorescent lighting with UV filters.  I am looking for some testing data on decay rates so we can compare costs of installing different lights versus the cost of the filter replacement and the staff time to do those.

I have several good sites for information about the effects of UV and light on objects, but was unable to find out how long filters and film will last before needing replacing in a natural history exhibit setting.

Thank you.

Elizabeth Moore