  From: Erica Maniez
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2005 12:06 PM
  Subject: corporate inducement to donate to exhibit

  Hello, folks,

  We are currently raising funds for a new exhibit. We are thinking about approaching local businesses to see if they would be willing to donate $500 - $1,000 each for the project. Other than a sign or plaque acknowledging their donation, I’m not sure what other “rewards” we could offer them for contributing. We are a small museum, and the project budget is about $17,500. Most of that is the construction of new exhibit cases. The idea of naming each case after a business is distasteful to me.

  How has your museum acknowledged corporate donors in the past?

  Thanks!

  Erica

  Erica S. Maniez

  Museum Director, Issaquah Historical Society

  425/392-3500

  www.issaquahhistory.org