From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Suzanne Soden
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Melted Rubber

 Does anyone have suggestions on how to clean up melted rubber?  The rubber
melted off a roller from Neostyle Ditto Machine.  This duplicating machine
dates
to the early 20th century.  It has melted inside the actual machine and
proceeded to drip onto the floor.  The historic floor is my main concern.
Also, we do not have the ability to freeze the object.  Any suggestions on
how to keep the roller from melting more?
Thanks in advance!

Suzanne Soden
Curator/Site Manager
Hanford Mills Museum