Jennifer,

You might want to groups them as "Institutional Archives or Memory".  There are plans out there (I don't have a specific enough one to give you unfortunetly) that outline how long those types of items should be kept, how they are disposed of, ect.

Just a thought.

Rosie DiVernieri

Carrie Snow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Listers,

  I work for a museum in a large organization where we are often asked to care for gifts that were given to our leaders.  Most of those gifts are in the form of plaques or other commemorative items.  Because the intrinsic value of these items is somewhat lacking, we do not wish  to acquire them into our collection as we would acquire other artifacts.  I have been asked to write a policy that would outline the life cycle of these items as well as how and when we would dispose of them.  Do any of you have a policy for temporary items such as these?  It would be very helpful for me to see how such a policy is worded and put together.
Thank you!

Jennifer Feik
Associate Registrar
Museum of Church History and Art
(801) 240-0297

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: