Like others on this list, I was a SI graduate intern. For several months, at NMAH, I was privileged to work closely with its treasures, and to know, first hand, how precious is our "Nation's Attic." Like others on this list, I applaud and appreciate Dr. Samper's courageous message, delivered by Sally Shelton to Museum-L, and I hope it is soon released to media.

I came up with the following list after a session on the Discovery Institute web pages this afternoon.  I hope you find it as revealing as I do. I am confident that there is an appropriate venue for the Discovery Institute and that it is not a museum of the Smithsonian Institution.

Some search results in the body of indexed articles:
"Bush": 306 (pro)
"Kerry": 54 (anti- or derogatory)
"creation": 470 references
"war": 1315 references
"Christ": 528
"Christian": 443
"peer review": 1
"scientific method": 0
"scientific proof": 1
"published study": 0
"study published: 0
:alternative energy": 0
"alternative fuel": 0
"alternative fuels": 0
"petroleum": 13
"oil": 231
"privatization": 26 (for)
"fuels": 10 (One article emphasizes "forest fires in Alaska, Canada, and Russia" as probable cause of excessive global warming)

One article, each, by Rush Limbaugh and Ralph Nader, both in support of Terri Schiavo's continued life support.
Although plenty of text mentions "creation," nothing mentions how unintelligent is the destruction of war, or describes Christ's admonition to forgive and love the enemy--even though "Christ" got 528 hits.

Every article I scanned that mentioned "taxation" (14 out of 58 total) argued against it.

I was pleased to find a seeming misfit"--an article by Robert M. Sapolsky (S.F. Chronicle, 10 December 2004), however, arguing in favor of Evolution:
http://www.discovery.org/scripts/viewDB/index.php?command=view&id=2337

My little tour around DI's D-Base showed me what they're thinking and enhanced my understanding of the topic. . .

Rebecca Trussell