I am researching museum programs for adult visitors and am looking for examples of particularly interesting programs.

Does your institution offer exciting and innovative programming for adults? Do you know of other museums that you think offer exemplary or creative adult programs?

What programs have been especially successful for you?  Are there programs you thought would be a hit that flopped?  How do you assess the success of your programming for adult learners?

I am looking for examples of museum offerings for adult visitors of any age that are designed specifically with the unique needs of adult visitors in mind.  This might include activities offered in museum galleries for drop-in visitors (audio tours, special seating areas for contemplation and reflection, adult oriented humor, hands-on activities, etc.) or could be facilitated talks, professional development/continuing education, tours or events on or off-site.  It could also include programming and exhibits that address adults who come to the museum as part of a family group.

Please tell me what age your programming targets or what type of adult learner, and what about the program is meant to especially appeal to that audience.

Many Thanks!

Mari

Mari Shopsis

Coordinator of School Programs