  From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Mike Csontos
  Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 10:05 AM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Important info on Viruses for all to heed!!!!

  In a message dated 5/22/2005 3:11:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
    The only way I've found to approach safety in terms of opening
    unsolicited e-mails is to use a text based system such as Linux Mail or
    Pine.  This literally opens only the text of the message and does not
    execute any scripting that may be including in the e-mails.
Unfortunately
    it also requires access to a Linux or Unix system to read your mail.
  **************

  This is one of the main reasons I've stayed with AOL in spite of their
campaign to get me to leave, with a steady stream of undesired and intrusive
features.  Nothing is downloaded until opened. Spam is well filtered. Images
and links are disabled unless specifically enabled and downloads are manual
and isolated until intentionally opened.

  In ten years, I've never encountered a virus. Of course most of my
browsing is at commercial and academic web sites and I've never downloaded
games or porno.

  Mike Csontos
Subscriber Information:
  The Museum-L FAQ file is located at