From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Erica Maniez
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 4:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: direct mail letter survey

What are the lengths of most museums’ direct mail appeal letters (if you do them)? We are about to send out a special appeal, and there is some concern on the Ways & Means committee that 2 pages (two sides of one sheet, actually) is too long. I’m of the mind that we should take as much room as we need to explain why we need the money. So I need some support for the idea that I’m not off my nut and might know a thing or two about direct mail after working with it for 10 years… And of course, if I am wrong, then I’d like to know that too. J

Thanks for the input,

Erica

Erica S. Maniez

Museum Director, Issaquah Historical Society

425/392-3500

www.issaquahhistory.org