Hello, folks,

I'm trying to find information on health insurance for one of my employees. She currently has insurance with her husband, who is self-employed. They want to keep their same plan, and they want to reduce her wages b/c she is currently eligible for social security and anything she makes over a certain amount is subject to a higher rate of taxation (as well as I can understand it). It has been suggested that we reduce her wages for the first so many hours of each pay period, and then pay the regular rate for the other hours, but that sounds a little fishy to me...

I've so far not been able to locate and resources among the board members or our usual suspects. I'm in way over my head. Any ideas? At this point I'm willing to pay someone to help me sort through the information, since I'm not doing much of a job figuring it out on my own.

Thanks,
Erica

Erica S. Maniez
Museum Director