Dear Listers,

I know this topic goes back and forth, but I am currently having to make a decision for two different historic properties neither of which have window protection.
One house has some regular lightproof white blinds, which I can not get everyone to pull down at closing, and the other house has some interior shutters and some UV storm window deadlites, which are relatively unsightly, but do provide some insulation properties.

My question is this, given a limited budget, who hasn't, would it be better to have UV film put on the windows and just use regular lightproof roller blinds or the pull down Mylar shades where there are shutters- ortry the uv filter magnetic storm windows and do you have suppliers for these in the Massachusetts/New England area?

Any help would be appreciated,

Melanie Clifton-Harvey
Curator
Danvers Historical Society