Good morning, listserv-ers!  We recently received the following inquiry:

"I have a pin, I think it is bronze, it is the size of a silver dollar, a flag shield with thirteen stars are at the top of this pin, and around the pin it says War Service, Ship Building, in the center there is a ship, with smoke coming out its stack, and poles and lines, like maybe it could be sailed, the imprint of the water is underneath the ship. This is imprinted into the center of the pin. On the back is a # 59941. and of course you can see the imprint of everything else on the back of the pin from the front. And of course the clasp."

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for this patron?  The pin belonged to her father, who has passed away, and he didn't know anything about the item.

Rachel Roberts
Dallas Historical Society
214.421.4500 ext. 110

P. O. Box 150038