Do humidification, then flatten.  There are descriptions of basic
humidivication chambers online and in reference materials (basically,
two containers, one bigger than the other.  The small one should fit
inside the big one, and be large enough to hold the material being
rehumidified.  Put the pic in the little one, some water on the bottom
of the big container (I put blotter paper down and soak that so there's
no splash).  Put the little container inside the big one, put the lid on
the big one, and wait for 4-6 hours.

Stephen Van Buren

University Archivist and Special Collections Librarian

BL241/Box 2115

North Campus Drive

Brookings, SD  57007

605-688-4906