Matt

I would not advise trying to uncurl the photo directly.

The best thing I can say without seeing the photos is that further preventative measures are in order. The photo should be placed in a mylar sleeve (as long as it can be stored in an area of low humidity below 80%) and stored flat. If in a mylar sleeve within an acid-free album, the curl might work itself out. The curl developed because the photo was not stored flat and supported. The backing needs further support.

That’s my two cents worth. Hope it helps.

Ware

L.W.S. Petznick, Ph.D.

McFaddin-Ward House

Curator of Collections