Good morning, all – If you would be so kind and help spread the word about this stolen cannon.  It belongs to a reenactor in Ohio.  See below for contact information.  Many thanks! VivianLea

VivianLea Stevens

Curator

Old Barracks Museum

28 West State St., 8th Floor

Trenton, NJ  08608

888-227-7225 phone

609-396-4000 fax

www.barracks.org

Greetings all – Please forgive this intrusion, but someone in the hobby has had a cannon stolen.  (I picked this up off another list.)  Please share with folks.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

VivianLea Stevens

Public Information Officer

Brigade of the American Revolution

www.brigade.org

1-888-GO REV WAR (1888-467-3892)

richard helwig <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:44:51 -0500

Subject: EXODUS HAS BEEN STOLEN

Dear Friends,

ATTENTION!!!  PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP.

This morning, March 26, I made a very bad discovery. MY CANNON (Exodus) HAS BEEN STOLEN. As those of you who are a part of the reenacting community knows. Exodus is a full size 12 lb. Mountain Howitzer. It has a Cast Iron Dixie/Hern Barrel with a 2 1/4 inch bore with a 1/4 in steel sleeve. The iron work on the carriage is hand

forged. The tongue is oak with a splice approximately a foot from the end. Exodus has 42" wagon wheels which have had several spokes repaired. Also, if you scrape the green paint off of the older parts of the spokes there is red paint underneath. There is a plaque on the front (No. 1) side of the axle that reads "Exodus" Built by Dick and

Rick Helwig 1991.

I have filed a report with the Delaware County Ohio Sheriff Department. If you hear of anyone who has recently gotten a "new" cannon or anyone trying to sell Exodus please contact me at this email address ([log in to unmask]) or at (740) 965-5090 or the Delaware County Sheriff Department at (740) 368-1897 the case number is 01-05-005765.

Those of you who have been around the 5th OLA know how much Exodus meant to me. I would appreciate any help you can give.

I remain your most humble and obedient servant,

Sgt. Rick Helwig

Gunner/Artificer

5th Ohio Lig  ht Artillery