Dear Liza:

Your project sounds very interesting.  Certainly virtual exhibits and
programs are becoming a common addition to actual museum exhibits and
websites; we are also considering using such programs to provide
information to visitors whose physical handicaps make it difficult to,
for example, climb stairs to a second floor of an historic house or
ascend a viewing tower to see an effigy mound.

We have worked specifically with a group from the University of
Cincinnati, the Center for Electronic Reconstruction of Historical and
Archaeological Sites or CERHAS.  CERHAS has produced virtual tours of
several of the Society's prehistoric earthworks complexes that we use in
our exhibitions and that have been included in videos produced by other
companies.  The CERHAS website is http://www.cerhas.uc.edu/ .  John
Hancock ([log in to unmask]) , in the UC College of design Architecture
Art and Planning, is the director of the group.  I suggest you contact
him directly for more information.

Good luck with your project.

Sincerely,

Martha Potter Otto

Martha Potter Otto

Curator of Archaeology

Ohio Historical Society

1982 Velma Avenue

Columbus, OH  43211

voice: 614.297,2641

fax:     614.297.2411

Visit the Ohio Historical Society's website, http://www.ohiohistory.org
<http://www.ohiohistory.org>

Visit the Ohio Archaeological Council's website,
http://www.ohioarchaeology.org <http://www.ohioarchaeology.org>