Greetings everyone,

I am posting this question for a colleague.  Does anyone have a written policy (or can shed any light) on the issue of other departments working with the museum gift shop as far as gifts for corporate memberships or volunteers?  Do any of you buy these gifts through your museum shop wholesale, is there a percentage paid to the museum shop?  Is this even something that should be done?  I think the issue with our gift shop manager is that she just doesn't want to share her vendors.

If anyone has a written policy concerning this and wouldn't mind sharing it, we'd love to see it.  Or we'd just like to hear if anyone has faced this before.  Please feel free to contact me offline.

Misty Tilson
Augusta Museum of History