From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anne Lane
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 9:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Past Perfect and Donors

Hello – We have been using Past Perfect here at our museum for about 4 years now. It is an easy program to use, but I have been frustrated at times because it does not have a donor file. Does anyone use the membership function for that purpose? We still maintain a card catalogue of sources with a list of their donations, but it doesn’t allow me to record contacts and notes and all the detritus you’d like to have access to, especially when negotiating to obtain a collection. It also doesn’t live anywhere near my desk! Should I just go ahead and make up my own database using access, or can I use Past Perfect?

Many thanks,

Anne

Anne T. Lane, Collections Manager
Charlotte Museum of History
3500 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte NC 28215
704-568-1774, ext 110

Winter Featured Events and Exhibits:

North Carolina Slave Narratives, February 5, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.

Stitched from the Soul Family Day, February 12, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.

An Evening with Robert Bruns - the Scottish Bard, February 26, 6:30 - 10:30 p.m.

Civil War Encampment, March 5, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Vecinos/Neighbors on exhibit until August 2005

Stitched from the Soul: The Farmer-James Collection of African-American Quilts, on exhibit until March 2005

Solving the Rock House Mysteries, now on exhibit

 For information on these and all other events, please call (704) 568-1774 or visit us online at www.charlottemuseum.org