From:   Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]]  On Behalf Of Richard Fields
Sent:   Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:00 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Off season hours

We are setting our 2006 calander now, and I need some
input on off season hours. Traditionally, we are open
mon - sat 10-5, sun 1-5, except for major holidays and
January, when we are closed to the public. In the
interest of cutting costs, it has been suggested we
close Sundays in the off-season (November - February).
The management team also thinks it could be to our
advantage to extend our peak hours in the summer to
10-6, with Sunday becoming 10-5.  Some on staff feel
the Sunday extension could backfire becuase of Church
services. Could you please share your thoughts on
this. We haven't surveyed our public yet, but I
thought getting input from the professionals on the
list would help. Thanks,

Richard Fields
Cherokee Historical Society

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!