Suggestions needed: Preservation internships in tri-state area Fellow listers,
I am posting the message below for an intern who is working with me. Please direct your replies directly to her at [log in to unmask] .

Wade Lawrence | Assistant Director | Drayton Hall, National Trust for Historic Preservation | 3380 Ashley River Road, Charleston, SC 29414 | Phone: 843.769.2603 | Fax: 843.766.0878 | Email: [log in to unmask] | Web: http://www.draytonhall.org
Join Friends of Drayton Hall for free admission, museum shop discounts, Preservation magazine, and more — and you’ll help preserve America’s finest Georgian-Palladian building. Join or renew online at http://www.draytonhall.org/membership or shop online at http://www.draytonhall.org/shop .

Jennifer’s message:

I am currently a student in Clemson University’s new Masters of Science program in Historic Preservation. Although the program is based out of Charleston, South Carolina, I am planning to return home to northern New Jersey for the summer. I am currently looking for a paid summer internship to begin sometime in mid-May that will continue through early August.

I graduated from Fairfield University in Connecticut with honors and a BA in Art History. I have studied abroad in both Spain and Italy. This past year in my graduate program I have gained experience in Auto-CAD and GIS through completing building surveys, studied historic preservation law theory, and practiced various methods of researching historic sites. Currently I am an intern working with the Assistant Director at Drayton Hall, a National Trust site.

This summer I hope to gain experience in either the public or the non-profit environment of historic preservation and museum studies anywhere in the tri-state area. The more I learn in my graduate program the more things I realize I am interested in. My strong background in art history gives me experience in the decorative and fine arts; however, I am truly interested in all aspects of the business including design renovations, restoration, and management. I would be interested in any tips about possible opportunities this summer that might guide me towards a career that suites both my interests and talents.

Please feel free to e-mail me at [log in to unmask] with anything that you may feel is useful to my search.

Thank you for your time,
Jennifer Mortensen