Museum Organization & Structure

I am trying to develop an organization structure for an aviation museum.  How are other similar museums organized?.  Please look at the following and tell me if I am on track or way off base.

In the following scheme, there is an Executive Director overall and a Business Manager over the Business Operation department and a Museum Director over the Museum Operations department.

I realize that many of the functions shown could and would be done by one staff member (or volunteer) but I want to include all of the functions that would be necessary for effective day-to-day operations of a museum.  This will ensure that functions are not overlooked and allow for smooth growth and development.  I am trying to group similar things together and present a workable span of control for the managers and directors.

For small museums that feature large objects in their exhibition and collection programs, like trains, ships, or airplanes, which take up the bulk of the effort running the museum, where does the day-today management of the acquisitions, transportation, restoration, replication, maintenance, and even exhibition fall?  Under the Collection Management division or as a separate division under Museum Operations?

Thanks,

Kirk Ransom
Minnetonka, MN