I am also interested in this shelving question.  I'd like to add another:
If you had zero supplies (shelving, archival boxes, folders, sleeves, tissue etc etc) for a small collection focusing on local history, what would your prioritized wish/need list include (type, size, material etc.) if you could spend only $100?
Objects in the collection include what you might typically find at many local historical societies such as silver, ceramics, tools, framed works... as well as documents, photographs, ephemera, books, ledgers etc.

Candice Brashears
Wallingford, CT