RE: Shelving

Cheryl,

You can get the steel uprights and supports and then use a product called melamine (sometimes called panolam) which is basically a high quality particle board covered on both sides and banded on all edges with Melamine (which seals in the gases).  We are using it as is the High Museum of Art here in ATL.  It received the seal of approval from our conservators.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cheryl Kramer [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 3:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Shelving

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend economical open shelving for 3-dimensional objects
(some are housed in boxes while others sit directly on the shelves
themselves)?  I am looking for steel shelving (not of the wire variety)
and to date have only found steel frames with particleboard shelves,
which is, shall we say, suboptimal.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Best,
Cheryl