We have a release that must be signed by parents for any children in any photo that we use. It's difficult and time consuming to enforce...  making certain you have consent from everyone when there are multiple people in the foreground and background. Another issue we run in to is when scout groups are here, oftentimes all of the kids parents aren't with the group.

We are strict with our policy though, because not too far from where we are located there was a library that used photos from an event for PR and one of the kids pictured was in a witness protection program. Our educator was at one time the director of a day care. If there is an easier way to do this, we would love to know also!
Leah
--
Leah Hamann
Director of Marketing & Special Events

Waukesha County Historical Society & Museum
101 West Main Street
Waukesha, WI 53186-4811

(262) 521-2859 ext.226
www.wchsm.org