I know of a firefighting museum in New York State that got into a bit of a fire storm (pardon the pun -- it's late) over a Currier and Ives "Darktown Fire Brigade" print they had on display.  It wasn't interpreted, (I don't think there was even a title label) it was more like "visible storage" hanging among a large group of other firefighting prints, photos, and certificates, but alas a local chapter of the NAACP got wind of the print and forced the museum to remove it.   Personally, I agree the prints are "racist" -- but I would have hoped the museum would have countered with an exhibit on African American firefighters, or an exploratory label asking visitors to consider the period, reasons, etc., for the creation of such a print....    Sorry getting of my soap box now.

As for videos -- I'm sure it's not what you had in mind, *wink* but what about "The Relic?!"  It's hard to top evil monsters running rampant around Chicago's Field Museum (during an exhibit opening fundraiser no less) for "chills and thrills." -- it makes the Gay Fraktur (sp), Maplethorp, and Enola Gay, exhibit openings look like kids play!!   *Grin!*

- David -
David Lewis, Curator
Aurora Regional Fire Museum
www.AuroraRegionalFireMuseum.org