Wow.   I know of so many museums with significant problems.   Arguing about
staff uniforms seems silly.   I don't agree with the 'love it or leave it'
philosophy.   I think that general dress codes and performance guidelines are
enough.  There is such poor museum management out there I would never discount the
importance of the opinions of the professional staff -- provided they are
professional staff.   Finances, incompetence, unprofessional and unethical
practices, and unqualified directors, managers and board members concern me much
more.

Front-line staff has the most difficult of jobs -- combining the lofty goals
of museum operations with the reality of customer service to the general
public.   Why not support their efforts and respect their wishes instead of
imposing some silly uniform rule on them?

Jan Kotila