Question regarding lighting for an historic house museum.  At present we cannot afford quality museum lighting, and are still using your garden variety pole lamps and can (up) lights.  We use incandescent bulbs (40watt) at the moment, but I'm worried about long-term damage to artifacts and wall papers from the heat.  Flourescent lights have little heat, but my understanding is the light damage from them is more rapid and severe.

Any suggestions for an affordable bulb and/or lighting solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul McCoy