Dear Colleagues,

I'm looking for some suggestions from other museums regarding department titles.  My department (actually division) has traditionally been called "Collection Management".  I want to change or add on to that title to reflect my division's responsibility for CMS systems, publication of an online database and other collection-related digital initiatives.  Any suggestions that won't make the division sound like it's IS or IT (which is a separate department)?

Linda M. Conover

Collections Management

LACMA

More than 50 outstanding masterworks - by artists including Renoir, Matisse, Cézanne, Degas, Gauguin, Monet, Picasso, van Gogh and Kandinsky - appear in Los Angeles for the first time in the special exhibition, Renoir to Matisse: The Eye of Duncan Phillips. Don't miss this blockbuster show, running from October 17, 2004 through January 9, 2005. LACMA members enjoy two free tickets. Log on to www.lacma.org for more information.