We are considering the purchase of several – maybe even a considerable amount – of dataloggers. I have done my research, but am left with a few specific questions.

I have read good reviews about the Hobo series. It seems like it’s not the only good one on the market, but it is SO much less expensive than most others. (Ok, it has no instant display, but it does have a very large memory. It DOES have a portable download unit – unless some of the others in the lower price range. Accuracy range seems acceptable. What else?) So, what is the difference, really?

I have had some exposure to the Climate Notebook software. As far as I know, it’s the only software that lets you not only manipulate the readings, but also input site specific data that assist with interpretation of the readings. Does anyone know if there’s other, similar software on the market?

Climate Notebook lets you import data from dataloggers other than the PEM, including the Hobo Pro. Does anyone have experience with the Hobo – Climate Notebook match?

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Remko W.T. Jansonius

Collections & Archives Manager

Vizcaya Museum & Gardens