Suzanne,

The Shaker Museum and Library holds a collection of more than 40,000 objects,
imprint, manuscripts, and photographs and we do not have the entire
collection on display at any one time, and never will.  We do rotate objects in and off
exhibitions, so that we can continue to encourage visitors to return to see
more, so that objects that need conservation aren't simply missed from an
exhibition, and so that we are able to honor off-site loans to appropriate
exhibitions. We are also a study center for Shaker objects, and researchers use our
object and library collections for study. In my best estimation, only about 30%
of our total collection is on display at any one time in our current museum
buildings.

Sharon Duane Koomler
Curator
Shaker Museum and Library