Ware,

McFadden-Ward House is a beautiful house in Waco....I went to baylor and was in the museum studies program and we did alot with the Historic Waco Foundation (which I believe still owns and operates the houses).

They do an event every year called Christmas on the Brazos (the river in town) where each house is decorated with a specific theme and in period.  It is so much fun and the community really enjoys it.

I'm not sure about the top of the line facilities, but the staff is great and the volunteers are great as well.  The only thing I would warn you about is that Waco is REALLY differnt than Boston.  It is an ecletic cross between your typical small texas town and a college town.  There is not a lot to do as far as night time activities...although it is only an hour from both austin and dallas.  If you have not been to waco i would really suggest that you go and visit, because it does take a little getting used to, but once you're there and if you enjoy it, McFadden-Ward is a real treasure.

Rosie DiVernieri

Ware Petznick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Listers

Some of you may have known my long-standing struggle to find the right museum position. Well, FINALLY my dream job has arrived to be Curator of a historic house museum with fabulous support to research and write and develop the best interpretation possible. Everything there is so fabulous it seems too good to be true!

Does anyone have any knowledge, advice, recommendations about working at the McFaddin-Ward House?

I am certain the response will be positive, but before I move halfway across the country I want to be absolutely certain that I am making the right decision. It even seems a little silly to ask anything about the museum, because it seems to have such a wonderful staff, top-of-the-line facilities and rare foundation!

If you can help dot the "eyes" and cross the "tees", I can accept their generous offer with full gusto!

Cheers,

Ware

L.W.S. Petznick
54 S. Russell St. #7
Boston, MA 02114
617 543 1508
www.geocities.com/staforlife/museumresume.html

"He who labors diligently need never despair; for all things are accomplished by diligence and labor."  -- Menander

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! – Get yours free! ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: