Touche... poor choice of words on my part!

"(hell, don't we benefit in some way, positively or negatively, from everything we do?)" What I was trying to get across (and did a poor job doing!) is that there exists an opportunity to learn from all experience, even that which has a negative outcome; a negative experience will, hopefully, result in a positive benefit (eg: learning from one's mistakes).

(On reflection, perhaps I'm giving humanity too much credit; if we did benefit from our mistakes, then why do we still have war??? Just a thought.)

...Thom

PS: I hope everything works out amiably for you and your intern!

"David E. Haberstich" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thom, I'm intrigued by your concept of negative benefits!

David Haberstich