Re: Research Fees

Theatre Historical Society is a national historical society, so we are unusual in that a majority of the research done through our facility is done by us for the patron.  We charge a flat rate of $15 for what we call a preliminary search.  We have a standardized Report of Preliminary Archive Search that we fill out and send to the patron.  It has a space for their name, the theatre they wish to research and its location, as well as check boxes for what type of information we have on that theatre (i.e. photos, blueprints, slides, paper-borne material, etc).  If there is relatively little in the file and/or they have a very narrow question we will xerox the information and send that with the Archive Report sheet at no additional cost.  If there is a large volume of information, we will xerox a sampling of the information and let them know that we can do further research on their behalf at $20/hr for nonmembers or $15/hr for members as well as $0.25/pg photocopying fee.  Photo reproductions, slide reproduction, and usage fees are at an additional cost and are handled separately.

Kathy McLeister
Theatre Historical Society of America
152 N York St, 2nd Floor
Elmhurst, IL 60126
(630) 782-1800
www.historictheatres.org

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. www.yahoo.com The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).