To all volunteer coordinators and the like:
I sit on a committee of volunteer coordinators in Balboa Park, San Diego (where the sun is as high as the gas prices).  Our current hot topic is how to deal with aging volunteers who are (1) not capable to do the work they originally started doing in the museum (i.e. standing for long periods of time, etc.) (2) not happy with regime change or (3) becoming a detriment to the museum.  Can anyone please help me with constructive resources that deal with this issue?  Articles, personal experiences, contacts in San Diego area, or anything you want to add to the discussion is greatly appreciated!  Thank you for listening and participating in the discussion!
Sincerely,
Julie Kendig
Volunteer Services Coordinator
Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
PO Box 33303
San Diego, CA 92163 (619)238-1233 ext. 835